Bulalacao is a small town on the Island to Mindoro and the place where FastCat ferries departs for Caticlan (Panay) the gateway to Boracay. (for timetables of the ferry to Boracay you click here )
Although the owner of the FastCat ferries build a new container hotel next to the port, I decided to stay in the Filipino owned lodge a little down the road.
There are a number of reasons for that:
- the price, the Filipino Lodge is much more affordable
- the smell, the container hotel rooms smelled horrible
- the shared bathroom in the container hotel is not something I like
- the karaoke venue on top of the restaurant, way too close to the rooms was very noisy and closes at 12 midnight.
- the Filipino owned Lodge promised not to use the karaoke during our stay
- the hospitality at Felipa Lodge is so much better!
The room is simple but sufficient, specially for an overnight stay. The bathroom is not so luxurious but the complimentary large thermos of boiled water delivered at my door in the morning gave me the opportunity to take a refreshing hot bucket shower.
It was nice to walk down the stairs to the beach and have a quiet walk on the beach in the morning, talking to the local people searching for seafood there. And the hanging moon flowers in the restaurant are very picturesque.
It was a nice quiet sleepover there in friendly welcoming Felipa Lodge and I can recommend the place.
The hotels in Bulalacao are not found on any booking site (yet only on Google Maps.